- Tide theory, the origin of tide raising forces, tidal regimes.
- Tide measurement, different technology of tide gauges.
- Tide prediction. Introduction to tide modeling and usage of tide prediction tools .
- Sounding reduction techniques from tide information and depth measurements.
The main learning outcomes of TID are:
- To describe the static tide theory, identify tidal regimes and harmonic constituents of a tide prediction model
- To use tide prediction models and to be aware of non tidal effects on water levels
- To deploy, calibrate and use tide poles and tide gauges
- To describe chart datums and separation models