- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). This part presents the fundamentals of GNSS and describes the GPS, GLONASS, GALILE and BEIDOU system. The module introduce the use of RTKLIB, a free software for GNSS post-processing.
- Statistical tools details the statistical analysis of least square solution, with application to hydrographic problems.
- A detailed presentation of Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) comprises principles, practical alignement of INS, the problem of heave estimation, and INS/GNSS hybrid systems.
- Subsea positioning presents the principle of acoustic positioning , including Short baselines, Ultra Short base lines, Long base lines.
The main learning outcomes of POS are:
- To operate a hybrid positioning system and to perform positioning quality control. To differentiate the main GNSS modes and interpret quality factor in relation to sources of errors.
- To describe the principle of acoustic positioning system, to perform LBL and USBL calibration.
- Understand the concepts of inertial navigation systems, perform the static and dynamic alignment of an INS, describe heave measurement principle and sources of errors.