This module details the methodology of different types of surveys, review the quality standards which apply to survey data, and describes the different types of survey system and their integration to survey vessels.
- Risk of grounding, different types of hydrographic surveys, introduction to depth measurements;
- Survey systems and survey methodologies;
- Data uncertainty, data quality standards ;
- Data acquisition system, integration of hydrographic survey systems;
- Products and reports.
The main learning outcomes of HYD are:
- To execute a survey plan, for various types of hydrographic surveys
- To understand survey specifications and to check their adequacy with a survey system
- To install, set-up and calibrate a survey system
- To understand the source of errors of a survey system and to execute quality control procedure
- To produce survey documentation