- The part devoted to geodesy (geometrical, physical, map projections) is, in view of the entry requirements, a refreshing module.
- The Least square theory, with example of usage in hydrography is detailed in the second part.
- A refreshing module on land surveying with focus to hydrographic measurements is done in the third part.
- It is followed by a comprehensive study of spatial referencing of mobile survey systems hybrid measurements (Positioning, Plateform attitudes, range measurement by single and multibeam echo sounders and LiDAR). This part includes a description of the different frames (local geodetic, survey plateform body frame, sensor frames) and associated transformation between these frames.
The main learning outcomes of GSR are:
- Describe geodetic reference systems in use and achieve transformations between geodetic systems; Perform geodetic line computation and map projections.
- Measure and adjust survey control data from angle and distance measurement devices.
- Understand mobile mapping concepts and associated frames, perform data spatial referencing from hybrid measurements of position, orientation and ranging.