- Physical oceanography, composition of sea water and its influence on acoustic propagation;
- Marine geology gives the fundamental of seabed composition, sediments and deposition, seabed sampling techniques ;
- Marine geophysics outline the main types and applications of seismic surveys, gravity surveys, and magnetic surveys.
The main learning outcomes of ENV are:
- To understand the role of ocean physical parameters observations in support to a hydrographic survey, global/coastal ocean circulation and sediment transport principles
- To describe magnetic and gravity surveys
- To describe seismic surveys and the role of surface and acoustic positioning